Emlofish

Sunday, November 15, 2009

 

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus


Yesterday we went to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. We had no idea about the plot. We only knew that it was directed by Terry Gilliam, meaning it was going to be very visually crazy, and that it was Heath Ledger's last film. So we went in with open minds.
A minute into the film I was already overwhelmed. The sheer colour and magic achieved by the real life shots (no special effects) was great and as soon as I saw lovely Lily Cole in one of her exquisite costumes I was hooked. The fantasy shots (all special effects) were also amazing.
The general plot of the film is that Dr Parnassus runs a travelling show where members of the audience travel through a mirror into their imagination. Here they come across a test where they must choose good or evil. I won't give anything away as I extremely recommend it and I think I was lucky to not previously know anything about the film.
NB: Look out for Paloma Faith :)

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   May 2010   July 2010   September 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]